We make no secret in the We are Warrington offices that we LOVE where we live, and this month seems extra special as we prepare to share the love around the World.
‘The Power of Together’ Rugby League World Cup – postponed by a year due to Covid – kicks off at St James’ Park in Newcastle on 15th October and starts in Warrington on Sunday 16th October with New Zealand taking on Lebanon Men. Tickets are selling FAST and you can get them here, we’ve a whole HOST of FREE things for you to do and see, as we prepare to host the Papua New Guinea Men’s Team.
- The FREE Community Welcome Event at The Halliwell Jones Stadium on Wednesday 12th October to welcome the Papua New Guinea Men’s team to our town. Gates open at 5.30 pm and the event will feature music and other performances from groups in the town as well as introducing the PNG team individually. Be a part of history in the making that you and your children can look back on for years to come. For your FREE tickets, book here.
- Come along to Warrington Library to hear Eko the sea giant’s story, between 11am-1pm on Saturday 15th October. You can even create your own jellyfish!
Listen to the story behind the Out of the Deep Blue theatre performance on Saturday, and see the performance taking place around the town centre on Sunday 16th.
Out of the Deep Blue will be performed twice at the following times on Sunday 16th October:
10.30am – Promenade from Time Square to Golden Square
11.00am – 11.30am – Static performance in The Old Market Place, Golden Square
1pm – Promenade from Time Square to Golden Square
1.30pm – 2pm – Static performance in The Old Market Place, Golden Square
- The Birds of Paradise trail – take a stroll in the October sunshine (bring your brolly just in case!) along this fantastic art trail. Featuring five fabulous photo opportunities, each depicting the Raggiana Bird that features on the Papua New Guinea flag, this installation is to welcome the PNG team and to celebrate ‘The Power of Together’.
- Remember the childhood arcade games that you’d spend hours playing? Well, they’re coming to Warrington. The Actual Reality Arcade is a life-sized interactive game zone for all ages inspired by classic arcade games where YOU bring the games to life. Enter the arcade and play for real! On Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th October Arcade Reality will be at Time Square
- There’s always a good excuse to visit Warrington Market, and now there’s no better time to view the ‘Coming Together’ art exhibition created by students from Vale Royal and Priestley colleges to mark the launch of Rugby League World Cup. Talented artists of the future coming together to celebrate the World coming to Warrington!
- TRY getting Creative! Between 1st and 31st October, collect your Creative Writing or Rugby Banner Design entry form from any LiveWire Library, for your chance to win fabulous prizes (and visit your equally fabulous library!)
- Finally, the Fan Zone! Don’t miss the atmosphere as you bring the family to the fabulous Fan Zone in Golden Square. England’s opening game in Newcastle will be screened at the fanzone in Golden Square (as will all other RLWC games). During this weekend there will also be a series of family friendly activities taking place in the town for those wanting to make a day of it.
Warrington is truly embracing the power of together, and we look forward to seeing you there!